Reflexology massage is a complementary therapy offered on many of Health Therapy Plans as part of the health and wellbeing benefit, but do you know what it is all about?
What is reflexology?
Based on the idea that feet are the door to the body, reflexology could be a non-intrusive complementary medical care that works with legs, hands, face and ears. Therapists do not claim to cure; they will simply assist. They enhance the natural healing mechanisms of your body by stimulating more than 7,000 nerve endings in one session.
Foot Massage Reflexology near me
Newcastle City Centre – Gateshead – Gosforth – Jesmond – North Shields – Durham – Whitley Bay – Tynemouth – North East UK – Longbenton
Foot Massage Reflexology of Body Health
Reflexology could be a treatment method that restores the body’s natural balance, and you’ll usually feel quite relaxed once a treatment. However, you must note that an expert won’t heal you however can facilitate your body repair itself for your whole well-being together with physical, emotional, mental and religious.
There are many stresses in everyday life today, so taking time to calm your body is a must. The relief of stress is just one of the advantages of receiving reflexology treatment.
What will happen during an appointment?
Your chosen therapist will apply pressure to specific points on your feet that relate to where you may be suffering issues.
There area unit ten zones to the body and completely different areas of the feet relate to every zone. When this pressure is applied, a message is sent to your central nervous system and an overall relaxation sensation happens which helps organs function at their best.
It is generally recommended that you should receive treatment once a week for 5 weeks at any one time.
How will reflexology massage help me?
Aside from relaxation and stress management, reflexology will have a variety of alternative advantages too, including:
- Cancer – reflexology is often used on those suffering from cancer. It is known to reduce symptoms caused by chemotherapy including nausea, pain, constipation and diarrhoea. It can also help with sleep and anxiety.
- Arthritis – reflexology has also been used to treat for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, with patients reportedly feeling up to 40% less pain.
- Hypertension – a common risk of heart disease, reflexology is thought to assist with the reduction of hypertension.
- Anxiety and depression – the 2 most typical psychological health issues. The relaxation side of reflexology can extend to the mind to calm and aid any signs of depression and anxiety.
- Multiple sclerosis – this can be an unwellness of the system a nervosum and it’s instructed that reflexology decreases the fatigue felt with disseminated multiple sclerosis, which it’s going to scale back the tingling sensations practised.
- With prolonged use of Ativan, addiction and drug dependence may develop. In the case of drug dependence, abrupt discontinuation of the use of Ativan can lead to the https://asahiramen.com/ativan-for-sale/ appearance of withdrawal syndrome.
- Circulation – receiving foot reflexology is known to improve your blood circulation to vital organs. This, in turn, can result in quicker healing and regrowth of any damaged cells.
It can also be useful during pregnancy and even reduce the risks of post-natal depression.
If, however, you suffer from unhealthy veins, ingrowing toenails, bruises, cuts, foot fractures, athlete’s foot or a footsore then you must avoid receiving reflexology treatment.
Reflexology can stimulate nerve functions that facilitate your body increase your energy levels, circulation, central system a nervosum, stop migraines, clear urinary infections, sleep disorders and depression.
If you spend a lot of time on your feet, whether that’s through work or recreational reasons, you are putting your feet under a lot of pressure and this can cause a lot of stress throughout the rest of your body.