When you visit our web site number1thaimassage.co.uk you are initially given a “cookie”, and your computer is assigned an ID number. A cookie is a commonly used piece of software that tracks an individual user’s preferences, and is capable of enhancing your visit to the site.
Cookies allow us to provide a customized experience without you having to remind us of your preferences each time you visit our site.
The ID number allows us to log your session, so that we may better assist you should you need some individualized service or support. Once you enter personal information on the web site, we associate your ID number with your contact information so we can recognize you on a future visit. We also use it to keep track of information that appears to be of particular interest to you.
If you log in as a registered user, our cookies may collect personal information for marketing purposes and to make content on number1thaimassage.co.uk more relevant and easier to use. We do not share your activity on number1thaimassage.co.uk with other third parties, nor do we collect information from other websites you may visit.
To find out more about how No.1 Thai Massage uses your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Strictly Necessary Operations
These cookies are strictly necessary to allow us to operate the No.1 Thai Massage websites, online services or interactive applications. If you do block them through your browser settings, we cannot guarantee how our websites, online services or interactive applications will perform for you.
These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or tracking your browsing history on other websites, services or applications.
For example, we use functional cookies to remember personal information such as your language preference when you visit our websites to make your experience more convenient and personal.
These cookies are not strictly necessary, but can enhance your experience.
- analyse the performance of our sites;
- maintain, operate, and continually improve our sites; and
- collect and maintain aggregate web site data (such as the number of visitors to a particular site), which helps us see which areas are popular with our users and which are not. Among other things, this helps us improve and update the site, based on such data as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
For example, we may obtain information from communications you request, including whether you opened or forwarded an email or clicked on any of its content. This tells us about our communications’ effectiveness and helps us deliver information that you find interesting.
These cookies are not strictly necessary.
Managing your cookie settings
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your internet browser. Please note that because this is a setting on your browser, this adjustment may also block cookies for any website you visit. You can visit www.aboutcookies.org, which provides detailed information on managing cookies in popular browsers.
Third Party Advertising and Online Behavioural Advertising
You may be provided with advertisements for No.1 Thai Massage and services on third-party websites and mobile services based on your online behaviour.
Opt Out of Online Behavioural Advertising
When a No.1 Thai Massage online behavioural advertisement is delivered to you, you will see an “Ad Choices” icon. Clicking on the icon or link will take you to a website where you can manage or opt out of the use of data about your browsing history that is used for the delivery of online behavioural advertising.
On your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (in iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android), which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
If you opt out, you may still see advertisements online, including advertisements from No.1 Thai Massage that are based on other information (e.g., based on the content of the page being viewed rather than your prior web-browsing activity).
In some cases, data may still be collected about your browsing activity by third-party advertisers after you have opted out, but they will not use this data to deliver advertisements that are based on your past online browsing behaviour.
Last Updated: March 1, 2020
Number One Thai Massage Newcastle LTD. (“No.1 Thai Massage”, “we”, “us” and “our”) takes the issue of safeguarding your privacy seriously. Our Privacy Notice describes what information we collect from guests. (collectively referred to as “Guests and Owners”) as well as visitors to the No.1 Thai Massage website and mobile App, and the way in which No.1 Thai Massage uses this information to better serve your needs.
This Privacy Notice has been adopted by all of the distinct legal entities that manage and operate No.1 Thai Massage & Pink Lane Nails properties. Those entities include Number One Thai Massage Newcastle LTd. and its direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of the separate and distinct legal entities that manage No.1 Thai Massage managed parlour properties. References to “we”, “us”, “our” and “No.1 Thai Massage” throughout this Privacy Notice, depending on the context, refer collectively to those separate and distinct legal entities.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you as an identifiable individual. The personal information that we process includes:
- Identity information – such as name, age, gender, passport information, CCTV images, and publicly available photograph;
- Contact information – such as your home address, zip/postal code, email address and phone number;
- Financial information – such as your credit card details, itemized spending and transaction history;
- Reservation information – such as the type and location of the rooms you reserve and the dates of your reservations;
- Health information – where disclosed and relevant to the provision of services;
- Preference information – such as special requests, service issues and other preferences for your stay;
- Public information – such as when we review public platforms to understand what you are saying about us or the hospitality industry;
- Technical information – such as information about the device you use to interact with us (including the unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information, in the case of our mobile App); and
- Correspondence information – when you contact us, such as to send an enquiry or make a request, any correspondence or application may be kept and added to your personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
For each of the categories of personal information described above, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use our website and our mobile App;
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to provide superior customer service to you;
- to assist us in making your reservation and providing the services you request at any of our properties;
- to process transactions through our website (including taking payment for purchases you may make through our website) and to assist in any inquiries about your transaction;
- for billing purposes in relation to your stay with us;
- to confirm prior transactions and reconcile statements or invoices;
- to contact you in relation to matters that arise from your visit with us;
- to send you newsletters regarding our properties and to advise you of promotions or to inform you of offers or other information that may be of interest to you (if, where required, you separately provide your consent for us to do so);
- to conduct surveys or focus groups to receive your views of our properties and service delivery (if, where required, you separately provide your consent to this);
- to respond to a specific “Information Request” from you about one of our mass and deal with any other enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- for you to participate in one of our on-line promotions;
- if you become a Client, to create an owner profile that is stored in our property management systems;
- to analyse customer trends and insights; and
- to operate our business, including for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, statistical and research purposes and troubleshooting to help us improve our services.
Occasionally we will combine information from a number of Guests and Owners to better understand trends and your expectations. When this occurs, all identifiers are removed and the aggregate, anonymized information cannot be linked to any specific individual or household.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information on the following basis:
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including financial reporting requirements imposed by government regulators and our auditors;
- to enter into agreements with you, and to perform our agreement to provide services to you when you stay with us;
- for legitimate business purposes – using your personal information helps us to operate and improve our business and minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. It also allows us to make our communications with you more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective;
- because you have given your consent – at times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more purposes. See the Your Rights section for more information about the rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings.
How and from what sources is personal information collected?
For each of the categories of personal information and purposes described above, we collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services, including comment cards and email communications sent to and from No.1 Thai Massage.
Otherwise, we gather information when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly, for example:
- when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on our website or App;
- when you make a purchase through our website;
- when you make a reservation online, by calling one of our Reservation Offices or by contacting a particular parlour directly; and
- during your stay at a massage parlour, including information provided during check-in.
We also receive information about you from other sources, such as our business partners and publicly available sources. We combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
Finally, we may collect your photograph from publicly available sources so that we can recognize you in order to provide you with superior customer service.
How do we protect personal information?
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For example, we allow only encrypted communications from all of our web forms, including when you provide your credit card information through our website.
Number One Thai Massage property stores personal information in a secure location and we take steps to ensure that only designated individuals have access to this information.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information that we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information. Also, while we endeavor to put adequate contractual protections in place, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information in databases hosted by third parties.
It is important to note that any e-mail communication is not secure. This is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by e-mail (for example, from the “Contact Us” section of our website). We recommend that you do not include any confidential information (i.e. credit card information) when using e-mail. For your protection, our e-mail responses to you will not include any confidential information.
Finally, to be prudent, please be sure to always close your browsers when you are done using a form or the reservation site. Although the session will terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is best to close your browsers immediately upon completion, especially when using a public computer.
Will personal information be provided to third parties?
We do not and will not sell your personal information.
For each of the categories of personal information, source of information and purposes described above, we may share certain of your personal information with:
- a prospective buyer or investor in the event that we sell any business or assets;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist No.1 Thai Massage in the improvement and optimisation of the website and our mobile App;
- our professional advisors and auditors; and
- local or foreign regulators, governments, courts, law enforcement and national security authorities.
You may advise if you do not want personal preferences shared.
Where a third party is engaged by No.1 Thai Massage to provide services on our behalf, No.1 Thai Massage ensures these parties protect your personal information in a manner consistent with the principles articulated in this Privacy Notice.
In the case of third party services developers, the particular developer’s website can be consulted for the developer’s policy on the collection, storage and use of your personal information.
If you have chosen to join a subscription list, please note that they are only used for internal purposes and we do not sell or rent our subscription lists to anyone.
If No.1 Thai Massage suspects any unlawful activity is taking place, it may investigate and/or report its findings or suspicions to the police or other relevant law enforcement agency.
Transfers of your personal information outside your home country
Your personal information may be processed by No.1 Thai Massage and its trusted third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
In particular, your personal information will be stored in your guest profile in our Hosting Server in London, and is available to all No.1 Thai Massage properties.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
We understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you, or to correct or delete certain information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request.
To protect your personal information, we require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made. This may involve providing us with information which we hold on file about you (e.g. a home or business address), or we may require you to produce some form of photo or government issued identification.
No.1 Thai Massage reserves the right to decline a request to access, correct or delete your personal information under certain circumstances as permitted by law. In particular, there may be a variety of legitimate business reasons why we may be unable to delete your personal information and where we are permitted to decline your request to delete your information.
If we decline your request, you will be provided with the reasons.
You may also be entitled to:
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- opt out from processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where No.1 Thai Massage is processing your personal information based on your consent); and
- request the receipt or transmission to another organisation, in machine-readable form, of the personal information you have provided to No.1 Thai Massage.
You have the right to be free from discrimination (e.g. you will not be penalised) in relation to the exercise of your privacy rights under this privacy notice.
Where you are given the option to share personal information with No.1 Thai Massage, you can always choose not to do so.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from No.1 Thai Massage, you may indicate your wishes on your registration card when you visit with us or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org . You will always have the ability to accept or decline any form of communication from No.1 Thai Massage. You may unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link included in such communications.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described above (see ‘How do we use your personal information?’) or that you are unable to make use of the services offered by us.
After you have chosen to withdraw your consent No.1 Thai Massage may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
If at any time you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by:
Contacting our Corporate Guest :
- via e-mail at email@example.com
- if you live in the United Kingdom, Call at: +44 191 230 4344
- via letter –
Attention: Corporate Guest No.1 Thai Massage
20-22 Pink Lane
Newcastle upon Tyne
You may make a request through an authorised agent (such as a lawyer). We may request evidence of their authority to act on your behalf.